JEE Advance is a national level entrance exam held once in a year to get admission for those who are seeking admission in bachelor programme for integrated master’s programmes as well as dual degree programmes offered at 23 IITs including Indian School of Mines (ISM). The JEE Advanced registration will begin from 1st week of May 2020 in the official website. Those who clear the cut off of JEE Main 2020 will be eligible for the exam. Before filling the form check the eligibility criteria for the exam.
Generally, the student looks from multiple sources to get information about JEE Advanced 2020. In this article, you will get to know the details of the exam.
JEE Advanced 2020-Eligibility Criteria
To appear for JEE Advanced 2020, the minimum requirement for general & OBC is 75% and 65% score for SC, ST & PwD in 12th or equivalent. Also, to qualify for JEE Advance 2020 you must be among the 2,24,000 rank holder. You must be of the age on or after October 1, 1995. You can appear for the exam twice in the consecutive year. If you have appeared for JEE advance 2019, you are eligible for 2020 as well.
If you have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2019 can appear in JEE Advanced 2020. As per the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria, you won't be admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not you have continued in the program or accepted an IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past year. If your admission at IITs was cancelled after joining any IIT, you won't be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
Given below are the list of certificates whose scanned copies are to be uploaded at the
time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2020;
- The Class 10th certificate if the date of birth is mentioned in it or the birth certificate is also accepted.
- Also, Class 12th (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared
for this examination in 2019 or whose board declared the Class 12th exam results after June 2019.
- If the name is not the same as in the Class X certificate, then there has to be gazette notification showing the change of name.
For GEN-EWS category students;
If you belong to GEN-EWS category then your certificate (FORM-GEN-EWS) should have been issued in the confirmation with the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2020, issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1.
For the OBC-NCL category;
If you belong to OBC-NCL category then your certificate (FORM-OBC-NCL) should have been issued on or after April 01, 2020 in confirmation with the latest guidelines of the Government of
- JEE Advance 2020 will be a completely computer-based test.
- The reservation for PWD candidate has increased from 3 to 5 per cent.
- Supernumerary seats will be created for female candidates to increase their presence from 8% to 16%.
- Top 2,24,000 rank holders from JEE Mains 2020 Paper-1 will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
- You must carry a printed copy of the downloaded admit card and their
original photo identity card for the examination.
- For general category students, the fee has increased to 2600 INR.
- You can choose the five exam centres while filling the application form.
JEE Advanced 2020
Though JEE Advanced 2020 one can secure admission in following courses;
- 4-year Bachelors - BTech, BS
- 5 year BArch
- 5 year Dual Degree - BTech, MTech, BS, MS
Accepting colleges-JEE Advanced 2020
- Institute of Science (IISc)-Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE)-Visakhapatnam.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Bhopal.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Mohali.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Kolkata.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Pune.
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER)-Thiruvananthapuram.
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)-Thiruvananthapuram.
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT)-Rae Bareli.
- All IITs(Indian Institute of Technology)-Kharagpur, Bombay, Madras, Kanpur, Delhi, Guhawati, Roorkee, Ropar, Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Patna, Indore, Mandi,(BHU) Varanasi, Palakkad, Tirupati, Dhanbad, Bhilai, Goa, Jammu and Dharwad.
JEE Advanced 2020 Pattern
There is no fixed pattern for JEE Advanced Question Paper so that’s what makes this exam more challenging and competitive.
- The JEE Advanced 2020 will be conducted online.
- To attain familiarity with the CBT mode candidates are advised to take mock tests available on the website https://jeeadv.ac.in.
- You will be allotted a computer terminal (node) at the test centre. The
welcome login screen for the CBT will display photographs of yours at
the particular computer.
- After login, you will be able to see the detailed instructions for the
- The exam consists of 2 parts and both the parts have to be attempted.
- The total duration of each paper of JEE Advanced 2020 examination is of 3
hours (180 minutes) duration.
- There will be three different sections for physics, chemistry and Mathematics.
- The questions will be objective and numerical type.
Hope “JEE Advanced 2020” post was informative and helpful to you. Don’t forget to like and share this post on your social networking accounts so more students can benefit out for this. For more information, you can call us at our toll-free number 1800-4191-870.